Why is Home Staging so Important
There are so many preparations that go into putting your house on the market. The most important one is home staging. The effort you put into staging your home will have a big impact on the process from start to finish. Having a property in tip-top shape will tremendously affect negotiations, the sales price, and the closing timeline. The more organized you and your family are the better. So let’s go over some Home Staging tips.
- Curb Appeal – I am all about curb appeal. Home owners can do so many small changes to the exterior of a home. All the small tweaks can really add up to a big impact. Some examples are painting the front door with a color that pops, updating shutters, fresh paint on exterior trim, and/or power washing the driveway.
- Turn on every light. -Switch on all lights throughout the house. Change out bulbs. Before showings, turn on all accent lighting like lamps, cabinetry lighting, up lights, etc. Open the blinds not only to let in the light but to show off the view.
- Clear off Countertops. – You want a blank canvas so buyers picture themselves living in the space. Remove most everything from the countertops. Put away all the small appliances like your mixer, coffee maker, or crock pot. Tuck away the beauty supplies and tooth brush. Staging the kitchen with fresh hand towels or a flower arrangement will help with selling the home.
- Declutter & Organize – Clear out drawers and closets. When I work with a seller, I usually recommend packing up 2/3 of the house. Having the nooks and crannies organized gives a strong impression.
- Clean Windows – Scrub the windows inside and outside. Hiring a professional can help tackle this chore. The positive impression clean windows make is so worth it.
- Touch Up paint – Paint goes a long way. It makes every room shine. Address scuffed trim, peeling paint and high traffic walls.
- Yard Work- Yard clean up is another task you may want to hire out. Cut the grass, de-weed, and add a fresh layer of mulch to flower beds. Cut back branches so the house is visible from the street.
Selling a home is hard work but it is worth it in the end. In the comments, tell me some more suggestions you have for home staging.